A timely reminder that as from the 1st October 2011 the National Minimum Wage goes up. Please make sure you adjust your payroll for the new rates from tomorrow…[boxyellow width=”400″ float=”none”]
- The main rate for workers aged 21 and over will increase to £6.08
- The 18-20 rate will increase to £4.98
- The 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18 will increase to £3.68
- The apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship will increase to £2.60
There has been so much happening here over the last two months that I have let the regular posting commitment that I made slip a little.
I am currently writing a post about joined up thinking in business and in the public sector. I have seen so many examples of chaos that could so easily be avoided with a little forethought and system planning that I feel small businesses can learn from the disastrous confusion of many large organizations.
Anyway, more on this soon!
I am a qualified Certified Practising Accountant having passed my final exams way back in 1981. I actually can’t believe that was 33 years ago!! Anyway, I am now in my 50’s and I have been running my own business since May 1983. And before you ask, no, I have never regretted a moment of it! Part of the membership requirements of my professional body now dictate that I spend quite a lot of time on “CPD” - continuing professional education (one of their better ideas) - and over the last two years I decided to study business growth and marketing. I have learnt such a lot and that knowledge has radically changed my old “accountants” approach to business. It has made such a difference to the way I work and operate I feel that I just have to pass on this knowledge. It is simply too powerful to hold back!! - but I will try and do it in simple terms rather than expecting you to spend hours, as I had to, working through the difficult language that trainers seem to use to pass on their concepts. I hope you find the blog a useful resource and interesting place to visit as the months pass. I will do my best to keep up the flow - but if there are any topics you would like me to cover, then please let me know. Ray Stewart
Latest posts by Ray Stewart (see all)
- Back To Normal Service! - 4 December 2015
- Auto-Enrolment – The Tricks Begin - 9 November 2015
- National Minimum Wage increase from 1st October 2015 - 28 October 2015