I don’t mean winning at all costs! I mean that in every business situation, and in every deal you do, you try your very best to make sure that everybody involved wins something of value.
If you are of the ilk that likes to extract maximum money from people as soon as possible and have no thought of future trades, then this idea will be abhorrent to you.
However, if you are building a long-term sustainable business, then taking a little time to ensure that everyone involved in a transaction wins something will give you an enviable reputation of being “the” one to deal with.
In practical terms it means that if someone buys bookkeeping services from us, I veiw that as a compliment. I will then make sure that this client, and every client, receives a stunning service and that we add real value to their business.
We win because:-
- We take on a new client and boost our own income.
- We have another potential source of referrals and testimonials for marketing purposes.
- We keep our bookkeepers happy doing the work they enjoy the most!
The client wins because:-
- They no longer struggle with their own bookkeeping.
- No more VAT returns.
- No more payroll and all it’s hassles.
- No more deadlines.
- No more sleepless nights.
- Accurate and regular reports about their business.
- The ability to ask questions at any time without incurring any extra fees.
The balance is always tilted in favour of the client for a soundly based, long term relationship.
We have all seen businesses that are out to rip the public off, and then disappear into the ether generally owing lots of money and leaving loads of unhappy customers in their wake. They are sadly quite successful in the short term and can amass many thousands of £’s for their owners before they disappear.
However, a sustainable business will ensure they give substantial value and their customers are happy to pay for that value. The business will then be around for the next 50 years or more and will be more than strong enough to ride any waves the economy throws at it.